HP is a world-class brand popular for its printing devices, computing equipment, and peripherals. HP has been delivering some phenomenal products for decades and the good quality products at a feasible rate have lodged the name of HP as one of the best brands. HP printers have time and again proved themselves as one of the best in the market. The sleek design, affordable price, and myriad features make HP a viable brand. However, every device is susceptible to issues and unfortunately, HP printers face a similar predicament. One common error prevalent in HP printers is the HP printer Error state issue.
If you are facing an HP printer in error state problem, then this article is for you. Read the given beneath information to understand the common causes for this issue and how to overhaul them.
What Is The Printer In Error State HP Issue?
If you incur the error state message while sending a print command to your HP device, then the common causes of this issue include faulty ink cartridges, corrupt files, or inaccurate installation of printer components. A faulty connection between the HP printer and the system can also accentuate this glitch. This error would hinder all the print operations and pop on the screen until the issue is resolved. If you find yourself in a tight spot owing to this error, you can take a sigh of relief. This blog shall elucidate ways to fix this issue to enjoy unhindered print functions.
Possible Reasons For HP Printer Says It's In Error State
- Depleted ink levels
- Low amount of paper in the paper feeder
- Paper jam
- Loose connection between the printer and the system
- Obsolete printer driver
- Printer lid not fastened firmly
So now we have understood the probable causes of the issue, without much ado let's jump to the ways to mitigate this issue.
Ways To Fix HP Printer In Error State
To solve the HP printer error, 5 ways are effective. These methods are:
- Executing the troubleshooter
- Setting the printer spooler to automatic
- Updating the hp printer drivers
- Feeding adequate paper in the input tray
- Replacing the cartridges.
Now let's understand the detailed procedure for every HP Printer TroubleshootingMethod.
Method 1: Execute Troubleshooter
If your printer is in an error state, the first method entails executing a troubleshooter. For this, follow the given below steps:
- Ensure the printer is turned on and all the connections to and fro the printer is well fastened.
- Tap Start and in the search menu, enter 'Troubleshooter'
- From the options that appear, select 'Troubleshooting.
- In the window, click on 'View All' and navigate to the printer option.
- Open the advanced menu to run the printer troubleshooting.
- Pick Run as an administrator and press Next.
- This shall scan any underlying problems that need to be fixed. If it doesn't detect any issues, then the issue might be with obsolete drivers. Follow the next method to update the drivers.
Method 2: Update Drivers
Old drivers are a prevalent cause of this issue. To get past this issue, do as following:
- Tap Start and select Device Manager.
- Click Expand printers menu and select the Update driver option.
- Wait till the driver is getting updated.
- Once done, simply try a demo print to check if the issue is eradicated or not.
Method 3: Automating The Print Spooler Option
If by any chance the print spooler option is shut down, the printer may cease to operate properly. To revoke this,
- Press the Window and R key simultaneously to open the Run window.
- Enter service.msc and tap Ok.
- In the next window, right-click on the printer spooler and click on properties.
- Verify the Start type is set to Automatic and Service Status is in ‘Running’ mode.
- Click Apply to execute these changes.
- Restart the system to see if the issue is fixed or not.
Method 4: Feeding Enough Paper In The Input Tray
At times, simple carelessness as not feeding enough paper in the tray can again result in this problem. At any given time, there shall be at least 25 sheets. Ensure you feed enough paper and after that, restart your printer. Give a print command to check its operability.
Method 5: Investigating the ink levels
Depleted ink levels can result in this glitch. Check the level of ink in the printer panel. If the levels are low, try replacing the cartridges with new ones. Once done, ensure you properly fasten the access door. Restart the printer to overhaul the issue.
HP printer in error state is a common issue and can sprout in all HP printer models. The above steps shall be beneficial in fixing this issue. Moreover, if you require expert assistance, we suggest reaching out to the HP Printer Customer Service Number (817) 442-6643 for the same. We hope this article will prove beneficial for you.