Many a times HP Photosmart C5180 Printer displays an unexpected Error Message 0xc18a0201 that further states that your printer’s ink system is failed. As soon as this error message displayed, your HP printer stops working and you look around for help. To fix HP Printer Error 0xc18a0201 you need an expert technician who can go deep into the problem and can resolve the issue for you so that it do not re-occur in future. You may also experience other printer errors at the same time that include “Scanner system failure” on HP printers. This error also suggests replacing ink cartridges.
To resolve this error, you should first reset your HP Printer. Also make sure your HP Printer is not suffering with issues like: no ink in cartridges, cartridges over full, ink on the cartridge chips/contacts, missing cartridge chip etc. In this post we have detailed this error with tutorial steps to fix it and the best HP Printer technical support where you can forward your query with the guaranteed full Free support for your any printer issue.
Steps to Troubleshoot HP Printer Error 0xc18a0201
You can resolve HP Printer 0xc18a0201 with two methods listed below:
Method 1: Follow the procedural steps to resolve the arrived error
- Remain turning on the printer and directly disconnect the USB cable from plug.
- Now remove the ink cartridges carefully from your HP Printer.
- When the message- ‘Insert Cartridges’ appears, follow the prompt.
- Now disconnect the power cord from the back of your printer.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
- Reinsert the cartridges, and make sure no door is open now.
- Follow the prompts as appears.
- Now reconnect the USB cable and try a test printing.
Is it printing fine now? If not follow the next step on How to Fix HP Printer Error 0xc18a0201. Anytime you can call for Free HP printer from our expert technicians.
Method 2: Alternative Method to Resolve HP Printer Error 0xc18a0201
- Press and hold the Left arrow key
- Press the setup key releasing both keys
- When the screen displays- ‘enter special key combo’, click okay.
- Keep on to the right arrow button until the display show “System Configuration Menu” message.
- Click “OK” button.
- The next display must show the message- “Hardware failure status”.
- Click Okay.
- The next prompt appears- “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
- Click ok when the message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
- Hold on to “CANCEL” button until the screen shows either “Welcome to Photosmart Express” or “Ink System Failure”. Don’t print at this stage.
- Turn the unit OFF by turning the power button off and unplug the power cable from both printer & wall socket.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then the printer.
- Turn the unit on. Can you able to see the message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” and then Press OK.
- Check if your HP Printer initialized or not. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Wait for the process to complete. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
- The last thing is to verify printer functionality print by a SELF TEST PAGE. If the printer pass this SELF TEST prints, your HP printer is ready for use.
Get the Best Free Support for HP Printer| United State of America/Canada
If you are still looking help to Fix Printer Error 0xc18a0201, we recommend you to call on our HP printer Helpline Phone Number. We have experienced professionals who can offer quick instant solutions to all HP related issue by offering free support services for customers across United Kingdom, United State of America, Canada & Australia- +1-800-436-0509 USA/Canada, +44-800-046-5700 UK and +61-1800-769-903 AUS Toll Free.