In today’s technical world, where everything has become online, owning a scanner has become a necessity. From filling online applications to submitting forms, having any document in an e-format is a must. This function, i.e. converting any physical document to a soft copy, is carried out by scanners.
One scanner brand which is popular among the masses is HP scanners. Undeniably they are very efficient and one of the best scanners, however, due to some unforeseen circumstances, they may incur some issues. So this blog will talk in length about the HP scanner not working issue and how to fix it.
What Is The HP Scanner Not Working Error?
The HP scanner not working is an umbrella term for various errors related to the scanner unit. The major issues encapsulated in this glitch are communication error, some error code, or scanner unit not working properly.
No matter what the issue is, this blog shall highlight the HP scanner troubleshooting steps which shall be efficacious in resuming with the normal functioning of the scanner.
How To Fix HP Scanner Won’t Scan
Given below are procedures that shall overhaul the HP scanner won’t scan issue.
Procedure 1: Check The Connectivity
When the connection between the scanner and the system is interrupted, the scanning process would come to a hiatus.
So to resolve any kind of connection issue, check the USB port of the printer. Check if the USB cable is operational and is fastened firmly to the printer. If you use a wireless network, check if the printer/ scanner is receiving adequate signals or not. You can also disconnect the printer and reconnect it to the network. Verify if it resolves the issue or not.
Procedure 2: Update Obsolete Drivers
Obsolete printer/ scanner drivers are another reason for this error. Ensure to update your printer driver to resolve this issue.
Procedure 3: Evoke Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
To enable this feature, do as following:
- Press the windows + R key on your keyboard.
- Enter ‘services.msc’ and click ok.
- Select Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
- Verify if the start-up type is automatic and whether the services are running or not.
- If the status is running, stop the services and restart it.
- Tap Apply followed by Ok, to implement the settings.
Also Read:- How to Bring an Offline Epson Printer Online
Procedure 4: Resolve Any Hardware Glitches
To overhaul any hardware glitches,
- Open the command prompt and run as an admin.
- Copy paste the msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic command and press Ok.
- In the window that appears, tap Next.
- Execute the on-screen commands to implement the troubleshooting steps.
Procedure 5: Execute System File Checker
System File Checker (SFC) is a feature native to windows that detects any corrupted scanner files and rectifies the issue.
- To execute this feature, open the command prompt, and run it as the admin.
- Enter ‘SFC/scan now command and tap enter.
- Halt till 100% verification complete message appears.
- After the scan is over, exit the console, and restart the system to see if the issue is mitigated or not.
In case any issue persists, feel free to reach out to the HP customer service number (817) 442-6643 to resolve your issue.