HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide
This article will discuss the most common troubleshooting steps to resolve HP printer issues for Windows and Mac. These instructions will help you get your HP printer working again.
Steps to Troubleshoot HP Printers
We have provided some helpful tips to help you troubleshoot your HP printer issues. These steps will help you troubleshoot the HP printer problems. Problems with HP printers.
Check That Your HP Printer Is Stable At “Set As Default Printer”
Setting your printer to ‘Default Printer’ is crucial in order to give the correct command to your printer. These steps will help you set up your HP printer as default.
- Open the Search bar on your system and click the “run” dialogue box. Type “control panel” into the box.
- After the control panel is opened, click on ‘devices & printers’.
- Next, select the HP printer option by right clicking on it and then select “Set as default printer” to proceed.
- If you now see a green tick under your printer icon, then your HP printer troubleshooting manual is complete.
HP Driver Easy Application: Update Outdated And Outdated Drivers
You can update your printer driver if your HP printer stops printing color text or you have other issues with printing. These steps will help you do it.
- To open the dialog box, click on the Search Option.
- Enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialogue box shown below, and then click on OK’.
- Next, the ‘Windows device manger’ will appear on your screen
- Double-click on the image below to expand the category ‘print queues’.
- Right-click on the printer name in this category, and then click on “update driver” from the menu.
- Finally, wait for the update to complete and then follow the screen instructions.
Check Printer Spooler Error And Try To Troubleshoot It
The HP print spooler allows the computer to communicate with the printer and manage the print jobs that are in queue. If the printer cannot take your print commands due to the print job still in queue, it will display error messages like “printer spooler problem”. Follow these instructions to fix this error.
- Close all programs such as Word or any other program you are trying pint with the printer.
- Click the “Start” button. Type “Administrative Tools” and then click “Services”.
- Scroll down to the end of the list and select ‘Print Spooler. Right click and choose ‘Stop.
- Go to ‘My Computer’, double-click on ‘Local Disk C:’, and then select the Windows’ folder.
- System32>> spool>?Printers
- Then, delete all print jobs from this folder.
- Now go back to “Services” and search for “print spooler”. Right click on it. Select the ‘Start’ option.
- Try printing a test page.
Now your HP printer spooler troubleshooting has been completed.
Clear The Previous Print Command Traffic
- Click on the Start button to open the control panel. Then click on Device and Printers.
- Right-click on the HP printer icon, and then select the ‘What’s Printing’ option.
- To cancel the print command queue that was previously created, go to the ‘printer menu’ and choose ‘cancel all files’.
- To confirm, click ‘yes’. You can now proceed with your printing job.
Check The Basic HP Printer Connection
Due to a queue of print commands, the HP printer may not be able to take the printing command. The HP printer troubleshooting guide states that the printer must be cleared of any previous stuck commands. The HP printer troubleshooting manual will help you to clear the print queue.
- Follow these steps if you have an issue with your HP printer or computer’s connection.
- Unplug the power cable from the printer first. Then, unplug it from the computer’s Power cord.
- Let the printer’s power cord rest for a second, then plug it back in and turn the computer on.
- Now do a test print. These basic troubleshooting steps will help you resolve your HP printer connection issue.
Check For Hardware Issues And Replace The Duplicate Parts Back With The Original Ones
- If none of these steps have helped you troubleshoot your HP printer issues, then please refer to the section below.
- Make sure your HP printer has enough paper, ink, or toner.
- Verify that there are no carriage jams. If so, click here to fix it.
- Many times, printer cartridges are out of date. You can replace them with a newer one.
- To avoid future printer problems, replace any damaged parts.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Follow In Case Of Windows 10 And Mac Computer.
Troubleshooting Windows 10
This section discusses the basics HP printer troubleshooting Windows 10 Steps-
- Turn on the printer:- The first step in troubleshooting is power cycling the printer. Turn off the printer, unplug it and wait 30 seconds before you plug it back in.
- Make sure to check cables for both wired and wireless printers:- Ensure that wired printers are properly connected to your computer. In the case of wireless printers, ensure that the printer’s wireless option has been turned on.
- Make sure you have the most current printer driver installed:- An outdated hp printer driver can cause printer problems. You should always ensure that you have the most current and appropriate printer driver for your system. To download the most recent printer driver for your system, follow the steps below:
A. First, download and install HP driver easy. Next, open the application and choose “scan now”. You will need to wait for the software to scan the devices for problems.
B. To download the most recent printer driver for your HP printer, click on the “update” option located next to your HP printer’s name in the driver screen.
- Cancel traffic from previous stuck commands: Traffic from previous unexecuted commands can cause problems with the operation of your HP printer. You can troubleshoot this problem by cancelling the previously executed commands using the steps below:
- Click on the “Start” icon in the lower left corner of your screen. Next, click on the “Control Panel” button and select “Devices & printers”.
- Right-click your HP printer in the “printer” section, and then click on “see What’s Printing”.
C. Click on the “printer” menu and choose ‘open as administrator’s’.
D. Open the “printer” menu again and click on “cancel all documents”. We hope you find this HP Printer Troubleshooting for Windows 10 useful
HP Printer Mac Troubleshooting Steps-
- Verify the internet connection. Before you start to troubleshoot, make sure your internet connection is working properly. For uninterrupted printing, ensure you have a stable internet connection. You should also ensure that the USB cable is properly inserted. You can also try a different type of cable to make sure it isn’t the cable.
- Verify that the printer is on: Follow these steps to verify that the printer is functioning properly.
- To turn the printer on, press the power button.
- Make sure that you have the correct ink, toner and paper tray installed in your printer.
- Start the printer again and wait until it is ready for printing.
- From the Apple menu, select ‘System Preferences.
- Click on “Printers and scanners” now.
- Right-click on the Printers Window, and then click on “Reset Printing System”.
- Select’rest’ in the confirmation window.
- After entering Administrator’s password and name, click on OK.
Start Your HP Printer Device.
Follow these steps to start your device.
- After turning off the printer, wait 10 seconds. Then, disconnect the power cord from your printer.
- Now, turn off the computer device. Now, turn off your computer.
- Now, turn on the printer. Now, turn on your printer
- After that, disconnect the power cord and wait for 10 seconds.
- Finally, reconnect the power cord to your router.
This Troubleshooting Guide for HP Printer will be useful for your Windows 10 and Mac OS X systems. If you have any questions, please contact us at HP Printer Support Helpline (817) 442-6643