In order to install an application or other software with no restriction, explicit authorization is needed. Although, having permission from Windows while using the tool will protect your computer from threats or viruses. Therefore, if authorization is absent and it is a matter of time, HP Printer Sisetup.exe is blocked by the Administrator. Microsoft has added a security feature and, after a certain point is reached, it can cause permission issues, which will result in the blocking of genuine installers. It appears that Windows Administrator has blocked the printer setup installer for your PC security.
Fix HP Printer Sisetup.exe Blocked by the Administrator Issue
A majority of the times most of the time, most of the time, HP Printer Sisetup.exe gets blocked while installing or running the HP Printer Setup Manager Tool. As mentioned above, this specific error is usually caused by insufficient permission issues. However, implementing effective solutions can eliminate this issue in a matter of minutes. We have put together the most effective ways to troubleshoot, so you can try it for yourself. You can easily remove the setup file from your computer and let it start to run smoothly. Let’s begin:
Method 1: Unblock Your HP Printer Installer
It’s very clear the Administrator blocked the moment you’re HP printer Sisetup.exe; you need to unblock it as soon as possible. By freeing the printer’s installer, you can fix this issue and allow the printer to run from Windows Desktop. Here’s how to remove the Sisetup.exe:
- The first step is to launch the “File Explorer” first “File Explorer” Window.
- Next, click on then the “File” tab that SmartScreen already blocks.
- Then, right-click on the installer file and select “Properties” from the menu’s sub-menu “Properties” tab.
- After that, open the “General” tab and check the “Security” section at the lower right of the screen.
- Then, click on the checkbox that is located prior to “Unblock” and click “Unblock”.
- Then, click then the “Apply” and “OK” tabs to save your modifications.
- After that, restart the installer to determine whether the HP Sisetup.exe blocked issue is resolved.
If the printer’s installer becomes blocked, SmartScreen will automatically start installing. If it doesn’t, you can try running the installer with administrator rights.
Run the Installer as an Administrator
Here are the step-by-step instructions to run the installer as the Windows Administrator. Follow the below-listed steps:
- The first step is to open your File Explorer and then browse the folder in which you can find the installer for your printer.
- Then, right-click to the installer file, and then select”Run As Administrator. “Run as Administrator” option.
- Select “Yes,” when prompted by User Account Control.
- After that, go through the display on-screen to finish the installation.
- In the end, see if it was successful or not.
If you are still HP printer Sisetup.exe is blocked by the Administrator, Move to the following method of solving.
Method 2: Create a New User Profile
Making a brand new user profile will help you to get rid of the HP Sisetup.exe Blockage problem. To create a new profile, take the steps outlined below:
- Then, open first the Settings screen by hitting the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard.
- Go to then the “Accounts” tab, and then from the left side choose “Family & Other Users” from the left pane “Family & other users” tab.
- After that, go into then the “Other Users” section and select “Other User” then select the “Add someone else to this PC” option.
- In the next pane next, click “I don’t have the sign-in information” link “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” link.
- Then, give a single click to “Add User” and then click on the “Add a user without a Microsoft account” link.
- In your next section, you must enter the Username and then click “Next. “Next” button.
- You may also input the password, but it’s not mandatory since it’s optional. If you decide to create your password, make sure you answer the security questions too.
- Then, select the account that you just created and then click “Change account type”.
- Choose the drop-down menu, then select “Administrator” from the drop-down menu “Administrator” option.
- At the end, when you are done, hit the “OK” button to save the changes you made.
After a user account is successfully created, reboot your computer. Then, sign in to the user profile that you have made and launch your HP Printer installer. If it works, check the printer, and then log in using your profile. Check to see if the printer Sisetup.exe blocked by the administrator issue is gone. If you encounter the same problem, continue to the following guide for solving.
Method 3: Install the Printer on the Administrator Account
If none of these solutions has helped to get rid of the issue of Printer Sisetup.exe blocked, Don’t be worried! We suggest that installing the printer to an administrator’s account. If you do this, it will help you get rid of this difficult obstacle. Follow the steps below:
- Start the Command Prompt window by typing “CMD” in the Windows search field and pressing the Enter key.
- Then, click on the Command Prompt and then select the “Run as Administrator” tab.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following command.
- active: yes
- Then you can hit then the “Enter” key.
- Following this guideline will allow you to create a secret administrator account on your computer.
- Now, you must shut down the Command Prompt window.
- Afterwards, restart your computer.
- After that, you’ll find an account called “Administrator”.
- Select the administrator account and sign in.
- If you’re already signed in to your account for personal use, Press the “Windows key + L” keys simultaneously.
- Sign in with the administrator account that you just created credentials.
- Now, using your Administrator’s account, you can run this File. HP print installer.
- Then check to see if you can determine if the HP printing device the Administrator blocked Sisetup.exe has been resolved or if it is still not.
- Connect the USB cable to the printer from your computer. Reconnecting it after the installation will prompt users to attach it to the USB cable with their computer.
- Once the printer has been installed, make sure to test the printer.
- If your printer is functioning correctly, you can remove your administrator account.
Enable Administrator Account via Computer Management
Below are the steps you should follow to allow your administrator account:
- In your Windows search bar, Type “Computer management”.
- Click to open the “Computer Management” tab to open it.
- In managing your computer window, expand to the “Local User and Groups” option by clicking it.
- Click on “Users” and then click on the “Users” folder and then double-tap on “Administrator” from the right pane.
- On the next screen, remove the checkbox behind “Account Deactivated” and click the “Account is disabled” option.
- Finally, in the end, select “Apply” and “OK” to save your modifications.
Disable Administrator Account Via Command Prompt
Here’s the correct method to disable the administrator account of your account:
- To begin, first, open your “Command Prompt” Window as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type or copy and copy and paste:
- “net user administrator /active: no”
- Then after that, hit your “Enter” key on your keyboard.
- After the process is completed then restart your computer and log into your account.
- Your Administrator account has been successfully deactivated.
- It is now possible to determine whether your HP printer Sisetup.exe Block by the Administrator issue has been resolved or if it persists.
Obtain 24×7 HP Printer Customer Support for Additional Help
We’ve found ways to bring our customers with a hassle-free way to your doorstep. If the information we provide is not helpful and isn’t pertinent, please contact us for expert HP printer customer support. Our skilled technical staff can help you resolve the HP printer Sisetup.exe blocked by the administrator error as quickly as possible. Therefore please take a moment to feel free to call the provided number (817 442 -6643 ) to connect with our techs, which will help you out quickly.