Drivers are the key element for the smooth operations of any printer. They are the software that helps us give commands to the printer from our devices. To enjoy the smooth functioning of your printer without any hassles, it is important to update the drivers frequently. This blog shall highlight the correct procedure for HP printer drivers download. Without much ado, let’s start.
How to Download And Install HP Printer Drivers?
The process for HP printer drivers’ downloads is as follows:
- Navigate to the ‘Support and drivers’ section on the HP website.
- In the product menu, pick Printers and Multifunction.
- Based on the information provided on the back of your printer, choose the family name of the printer.
- Choose your printer. To assist you, there might be pictures to help you accurately identify.
- Tap ‘Drivers & Software’
- Select the OS, version, and language, and you shall witnesses all the available drivers.
- Pick as per your convenience and select ‘I agree’. Download it and once the download process ceases, open it by double-clicking on it.
- Follow the on-screen commands to install your HP printer driver. Voila, the HP printer driver’s installation process is complete.
Also Read:- Why Is My HP Scanner Not Working? (817) 442-6643
Procedure 1: HP printer driver update using Device Manager
- Open the run prompt and type devmgmt.msc, followed by pressing Ok. This shall open the device manager.
- Visit the print queues or printers console.
- Locate the HP printer and right-click on it.
- Tap Update driver, followed by ‘Search automatically’
- Wait till the process completes and this shall update the driver.
Also Read:- How To Do HP Printer Wireless Setup?
Process 2: Manually Update HP Printer Driver
- For this process, keep in handy the printer model, model number, and details about your OS.
- Visit the HP support website and commute to the printer driver window
- Evoke a search related to your HP printer
- You will witness a list of drivers available for your printer.
- Based on your OS and its version, download the driver.
- Double-tap on the downloaded exe file to move ahead with the updating process.
These were the processes to update, download, and install your HP printer drivers. In case of any pending doubts, please contact HP printer customer service (817) 442-6643 for quick resolution of problems.