Every device may incur some glitches at one point or another. The good news about these glitches is that they could be resolved by adopting some steps. One step among them is to factory reset the device which is an effective procedure to remove any pernicious malware, improve its speed, or make it usable for a new user.
To begin with the resetting process, it is important to identify the operating system of your device. It is crucial to understand the OS as various OS would have a different procedure to reset it. If you have Windows 10, then the procedure to reset it is easier when compared to its former counterparts. So given below is a detailed method to factory reset HP laptop.
Also Read:- How To Do HP Printer Wireless Setup?
Points to keep in mind before resetting the HP laptop
Before you reset your HP laptop, or for that matter any device, it is imperative to create a backup of all the data present on that system. Even if you don’t see any utility of backing up the files, still it’s recommended to create a backup.
Also, you can schedule backups at regular intervals. You also have the option to create a backup of files on the cloud instead of any external peripheral.
How Do You Factory Reset the HP laptop having Windows 10?
- Tap start and click on the Settings option.
- In the search bar enter “reset”
- Among the list of options that appear, select “Reset this PC”.
- Press start and navigate to settings.
- Select “Update and security”
- Click on “Recovery”
- You shall see 3 options-
- “Reset this PC”
- “Go Back to an Earlier Build”
- Click on the first option and you shall be good to go. Resetting the device is an effective HP pc troubleshooting mechanism.
How To Reset HP Laptop/ Desktop on windows 8 and 7?
The mechanism to reset the hp laptop for windows 8 and 7 is as follows:
Windows 8 and 7 come with a recovery disk and inserting them is an effective way to reset the system. However, before you commence the reset procedure, it is important to create a backup of the data.
- Insert the recovery disk or make a hard drive bootable and attach it to the system.
- Reboot the system and during the rebooting process, press the F key or the prescribed set of keys depending on your system.
- Then you shall be guided about the process, follow it.
- Do not press any keys or click anything until the resetting is executed.
- Once done, the HP laptop reset should be completed.
Also Read:- How to Install HP Support Assistant on PC