One of the recurrent issues that perturbs HP users is the HP printer offline state. Although there might not be any one reason for this issue but this issue needs to be mitigated in order to resume the printing operation. This article shall discuss about this issue and suggest ways that might resolve this problem.
Method 1: Verifying that use printer in the offline state isn’t enabled
The printer may display the offline setting if use the printer offline is selected. So it’s your duty to confirm this setting isn’t selected. To do the same and revoke the changes,
- Press start and choose settings.
- Select Devices and printers.
- From the list of devices and printers, locate your HP printer. Right-tap on it and disable the ‘Use printer offline’ option.
This shall bring your HP printer back online.
Method 2: Confirm if your HP printer is set as the default printer
To resolve HP offline issues, simply follow this procedure.
- Navigate to the control panel by clicking on the Start menu.
- Select Devices and printers. You can witness all the connected printers and devices. If you see a green tick mark adjacent to the HP printer it means it has been set as the default printer.
- If you do not see a green tick mark, simply right-click on the HP printer and pick the ‘Set as default option.
Also Read:- Common HP Printer Issues and How to Fix Them
Method 3: Update the obsolete drivers
Another probable reason for the offline state in HP printer is outdated drivers. So it becomes essential to update them.
- In the window search bar, type device manager.
- Visit the section which states printers.
- Select your printer, right-click on it, and click update drivers.
- Choose search automatically.
- Once the process terminates, restart the system.
- You can also try removing the drivers and then re-installing them.
Method 4: Revoke Printer Spooler settings
When the printer spooler ceases, then also this problem of being offline in HP printer sprouts. To restart it,
- In the run box, type services.msc.
- Locate print spooler.
- Right-tap on it and choose stop.
- Next in the address bar of the Windows File Explorer, enter C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and press Ok.
- Delete all the print commands in the queue.
- Visit print spooler again, right-click on it, and pick Start.
- The last step entails restarting the system.
Also Read:- How to Install HP Support Assistant on PC
These are the most comprehensive and efficacious ways to fix this issue. In case, you are still perturbed by this problem, dial our HP Printer Support number (817) 442-6643 to put your issues to rest.