HP is a world-class printer brand offering a gamut of printers suitable for a wide range of customers. While using these phenomenal printers, users may face HP printer won’t print issue. If you are also battling this issue, you can take a sigh of relief. This blog would talk in length about the various causes of this error and how to resolve them.
What causes the HP printer not printing issue?
The HP printer not printing issue can stem from a variety of causes. These causes include:
- Obsolete drivers
- Loose or erroneous connections
- Inaccurate configurations on windows, etc.
The good news is that just by ensuing a few procedures. They are easy to execute, however, if you face any problems reach out to the HP printer helpline number.
How to resolve HP printer won’t print issue
Solution 1: Investigating HP printer status:
- Ensure there is enough paper stacked in the paper tray.
- Inspect for any paper jam. If you spot any, carefully remove it.
- Check the level of ink in the cartridges. If the level of the ink is low replace the cartridges with new ones.
Solution 2: Cancel all print operations:
This step requires some technical adroitness, however, you can give it a try. At times when the printer has a lot of print operations in the queue, it may stop printing. To cancel the ongoing print operations, do as following:
- Press Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Locate your HP printer, right-click on it, and choose ‘See what’s printing option.
- Choose printer tab and choose ‘Open as administrator’.
- Open the printer tab again and select ‘Cancel all documents’. If a confirmation prompt appears, select yes.
Solution 3: Set the HP printer as the default printer
Setting the HP printer as the default printer might resolve the issue. Simply navigate to Devices and printers by opening the control panel. Locate your printer, right -tap on it and select ‘Set as default. Now try a demo print to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Update HP printer drivers
Obsolete printer drivers can cause this issue. It is recommended to update the printer drivers to evade this problem.
Solution 5: Execute HP printer troubleshooting
Simple HP printer troubleshooting steps include:
- Verifying whether all the connections to and from the printer are firmly established. If you find any loose connections, tighten them.
- Ensuring the printer is turned on. If after pressing the power button, the printer doesn’t get switched on, try replacing the power cable.
- Also, restarting the printer helps.
If any issue persists, it is advised to dial (817) 442-6643 HP printer support number. I hope this article helps.